The mission of Prometheus Dance is to create original high quality choreography and dance performance in collaboration with composers and designers; to promote a love for dance throughout the community with dedication and commitment; to continue to create works which inspire audiences and raise human issues vital to the community as they serve as a social awakening mechanism.
presents several performance projects per season Season
- holds open company class Classes
- holds open rehearsals and informal performance showings
- creates artist residencies through “The Glass Wall Series” Glass Wall
- creates arts education programs for public schools in Massachusetts
- presents performance programs for the senior community with “The Elders Ensemble” Elders Ensemble
- interfaces with Walnut Hill School for the Arts, The Boston Conservatory at Berklee, Hopkinton Center for the Arts, The Dance Complex
Prometheus Dance is supported by the Massachusetts Cultural Council’s Cultural Investment Portfolio. We are grateful for the longstanding support of our cultural programming and day to day operations. The company receives additional support from the The New England Foundation for the Arts, The Boston Cultural Council, The Natick Arts Council, The Hopkinton Arts Council, The Cambridge Arts Council, The Belmont Arts Council, The Dance Alliance, The Rantoul Foundation, A grant in the memory of Lucy S Thorndike, The Fidelity Charitable Gift Fund, The Pappas Family Charitable Fund, RBC Wealth Management through an Anonymous Donor, and numerous private donations. The company has also received invaluable in-kind support donated from Walnut Hill School for the Arts, The Boston Conservatory, the Arts & Business Council of Greater Boston, The Dance Complex, Sylvia Stagg – Guliano, individuals donors, and of course our incredibly beautiful and dedicated dancers.
To support company programming Support